ONSCentral.com Onslaught Mixer Tournament - Miscellaneous Posted by: Ronnie on 07-03-2005 @ 09:32
This News Item has been viewed 2,770 times
* Double Elimination
* 10 minute rounds to hasten gameplay
* We're following Euro Rules, so we're playing 2 maps and will switch colors at the end of each round. Win in regulation is 2 points, win in OT is 1 point. Team with most points after both maps are played wins.
* Final match for the tournament champion will be played as above. If the losers' bracket champion wins, then we will play a sudden death map subject to the tie rules (see below for explanation)
*If at the end of the maps, the scores are tied, a tiebreaker map will be played. Teams will take turns throwing out maps until one map remains. The team that did not throw out the last map will get color choice on the tie-breaker.
* Deadline for signup is July 17th at 9:00pm Eastern <--Could be extended if necessary
* Competition dates:
- Tournament play will be TBA
- Semifinals will be played TBA
- Finals will be played on TBA
* Teams will be selected by a large draft on Sunday, July 17th at 9:00pm eastern.
* Maps: All Epic maps, Urban-LE
* Map order will be admin-selected.
* Sign up below to be a part of the tournament draft
* Provide ALL the information necessary, especially if you want to be a captain or not
* Show up on Sunday, July 17th at 9:00pm Eastern Time on #onsdraft on irc.enterthegame.com
* It is mandatory for anyone who wants to be a captain to show up
* Non-captain players can come in to observe the draft as it happens
* Captains will be selected by the admins in a random order
* The draft will be a "snake style" draft. Captain 1 will pick, then 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, etc.
* The draft will be run by a custom made draft bot with an assisting website.
* To keep the draft fast and smooth, captains will be have 2 minutes to pick a player when they are called. If this limit is exceeded a played will be auto-picked for you.
* Passwords for every server will be: onsmixer
* An admin may not be on hand to spectate all matches. Be sure to take screenshots of the results in case a dispute happens.
* 6v6 teams with no spectators unless it is an admin or it has been agreed to by both teams.
* Each player on a team should play at least 1 map per match.
* Server-side demos are optional.
* Disconnects are part of the game and if it happens, try to get a sub in ASAP.
* Time will be given inbetween matches to allow for teams to swap players in and out of the game.
* If a substitute is required for a match where a tournament team cannot field 6 players at that time, a substitute player will be provided by the admin if substitues are around. If not, you will forfeit the match or you can play it short-handed.
* A substitute will not be provided if you have a person on your team who can fill the slot but was intended to be "benched" for the match/map.
* The substitute may or may not be of equal skill as the person who could not be there. THIS CANNOT BE AVOIDED. The admins will try their best to find a suitable substitute, but the main goal is to have the match happen.
* You may appeal the substitution for a maximum of 5 minutes prior to a match. If the substitute is deemed necessary or fair and you are delaying the match/map beyond 5 minutes, you will be forced to play and accept the decision. If you refuse to play, you will forfeit the match.
* All people caught with aim-bots or similar hacks will be thrown out and not allowed in any future tournaments, plus put on the UTAN Global Ban List.
* Map exploits are illegal and using them will result in you being banned from all future tournaments.
* No behind view allowed
* Round Time: 10 minutes
* No friendly fire
* Spawn protection time: 2 seconds
* Weapon stay
* Weapon throwing allowed
* You must use the antidump mutator written by b4k4.
* UTComp Brightskins
* Line of Sight Hitsounds
* Team Overlay - Client Option
* Enhanced Netcode: On
Other Rules and Notes:
* No spectators allowed unless agreed to by both teams. UTV will be available for some matches (these matches will be announced prior to the start of the tournament), the winners' bracket semifinal, and the final match.
*Please to not sign up unless you inted to play. If you sign up and cannot make it, let your team captian know ASAP so we can get a sub for you. If you sign-up and no show, you will be banned from future tournaments.
* PLEASE REMEMBER: The admins are TRYING THEIR BEST. They want this tournament to be FUN for EVERYONE - the admins are NOT out to get you, and are trying to make the best decisions possible for everyone. This is especially true with substitutions if you are short players, which is an extremely difficult situation to remedy. If you feel you have been wronged, please take it to an admin PERSONALLY in IRC or in a private message on the onscentral forums. Internet drama will not solve anything. You may try to talk to other admins then the one whom you feel wronged by.
*This is being done for fun so don't be an ass. If you do act like an ass, you are subject to being banned from all future tournaments.
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time. Now enjoy yourself and behave!