|Samus Aran (1.0) - File Description
| Description: |
Samus Aran is Metroid's Samus Aran inspired by the Nintendo game series. After nearly a year of development, the model is finally released! Samus Aran is the toughest female bounty hunter in the galaxy, and now you can play as her! She is best known for being stared in the "Metroid" series, also appearing in the "Super Smash Brothers" series. This model is a perfect replica of her and really exemplifies what an expert modeler can make.
To read the author's notes and a mini bio of Samus Aran, please refer to the readme.
This model is fantastic; fans of Samus and other people that do not even know who she is will enjoy this.
| || || |
|Samus Aran (1.0) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Samus Aran (1.0) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Samus Aran (1.0) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
April 1 2008
Model Name : Samus Aran v1.0
Game : Unreal Tournament 3 PC
installation directory : C:Users<user name>DocumentsMy GamesUnreal Tournament 3
Author : Gilbert "Alcor" Arcand
Email Address : email@example.com
HomePage : http://alcor.planetquake.gamespy.com/
* How to use this model *
- Extract content directly in "C:Users<user name>DocumentsMy GamesUnreal Tournament 3".
- Make sure to preserve folder structure from the zip.
- Samus is located within the Ironguard faction.
Model description :
Samus Aran is the toughest bounty hunter in the galaxy. She was raised by the ancient
civilisation of Chozo after her home colony K-2L was attacked by Ridley and his Space
Pirates army. The Chozo was on the verge of instinction after a weapon they created
turned on them. The Metroids, as they called them, are a genetically engineered
creature species based on a life form the Chozo found on planet SR-388. Before they
went extinct, the Chozo build an armor suit for Samus containing the nec plus ultra of
their technology. When she learned that the Space Pirates started to do experiments
on the Metroids, Samus joined the Galactic Federation army and after her training she
decided to go solo, with two objectives on her mind. Destroy Ridley and eradicate the
Other info :
Samus is the 23rd plugin player model I release thus far. She’s my very first “Next
Gen” character for Unreal Tournament 3 and I’m very proud of that. The model has
everything you’d expect from your fellow Alcor, custom animations (obviously),
customization, first person hands, gibs, dynamic ponytail, team skins, bots,
localization, name it! Contrary to my older release in which I always tried to remain
as close as possible to the original character concept, for Samus I game myself a
degree of artistic freedom. I kept the overall elements, like round shoulder pads, but
I gave her more obvious feminine proportions. Her head is one of my first head done
with zBrush and I really like the result. The helmet has been modelised live in front
of an audience during the Montreal Arcadia Festival 2007. Make sure to look at the
character in 3rd person (behindview 1), crouch and move around, a nice surprise awaits
you. I had a great time working on this character and doing a UT3 character was a
great challenge. I have to give a special thanks to plenty of people for helping me
out (see bellow). Enough talk, now install this piece of art and go collect the bounty!
Special thanks :
- AnubanUT2 for beta testing and recommendations
- Buffy the Japanese girl for beta testing
- EvilEngine for creating EvilEngine.net
- Serge Daigles for lending me is PS3
- Marie-France Morin for reference and localization
- Megan Fox for reference and being Megan Fox :P
- Epic for creating Unreal
* Play Information *
CTF Skins : Yup
Physics : Yup
Gib&Carcass : Yup
Animations : Yup
Customization : Yup
FPV hands : Yup
Bots : Yup
Localization : Yup
Sounds : Nope
* Construction *
Poly Count : 4676-8858 depending on customization
Textures Count : 39 2048x2048 (Diffuse, Specular, Normal, Emissive, Fresnes, Specular Power)
Editors used : StudioMax2008, PhotoshopCS, UnrealEd, zBrush3.1, NotePad.
known Bugs : The minigun sticks out from the ball when crouched.
: Gib meshes don't change color in team games (default orange hue)
Additional Credits to :
- Samus Aran and Metroid are a property of Nintendo, all rights reserved.
- Unreal Tournament 3 © Epic Games Inc.
- This model is not built in a lucrative goal whatsoever.
- Do not try to make money, or pack this model on a bundle you intend to sell.
- Do not use this model, meshes or textures for any other project.
- Do not share this model unpacked or without this read me text file.
- Please follow these indications and make a fair use of these files.
- Failure to comply to these simple rules will probably make me stop doing those great models you all get for free.
For any question, comments or suggestions contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Samus Aran (1.0) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Unreal Tournament Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 6 | Last comment: 06-21-2011 at 15:50
Joined: December 19th, 2008
|This is a really good model, and i hope to see more soon! |
Joined: December 3rd, 2008
|note: I didn't make this model, I just uploaded it |
From: (Kent WA)
Joined: August 28th, 2007
|Indeed, this model has been around a while. Good that it has been uploaded to another site though as a model this good deserves to be shared everywhere |
Joined: April 22nd, 2006
|I'm confused. The images show 2 different Samus suits. The original and the Super Metroid one. Is it 1 or the other? And if they are BOTH there, how come it never mentions it on this page??? |
Joined: May 25th, 2011
|Is this game for star wars battlefont 1 or star wars battlefront 2? |
Joined: May 25th, 2011
|Is this for Star Wars Battlefront 1 or for Star Wars Battlefront 2? |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!