| || || |
|ROOtator - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|ROOtator - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|ROOtator - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Title : ROOtator
Date : October 2005
Filename : ROOtator.zip
Author : Glenn Storm (SuperApe)
Email Address :
Home Page : home.netcom.com/~ghstorm
Alternate Page : http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/SuperApe
Description : This Mutator populates any map with Kangaroo NonPlayer Characters (ROO NPCs).
Options include the Australian RooLette and RooHunt minigames. (see manual)
* Build Time *
Three months with a lot of testing after having already build the ROOs for offline play a year earlier.
* Play Information *
Single Player : Yes
Assault : Yes
Onslaught : Yes
Deathmatch : Yes
TeamDeathmatch : Yes
Capture the Flag : Yes
Instagib CTF : Yes
Vehicle CTF : Yes
Double Domination : Yes
Bombing Run : Yes
LastManStanding : Yes
Mutant : Yes
Invasion : Yes
*New Gametypes* (see manual)
RooHunt Match : Yes
Team RooHunt Match : Yes
Botplay : Yes
New Textures : Yes
New Sounds : No
New Static Meshes : No
New Animations : Yes
New Actors : Yes
New Music : No
* Known bugs *
* Installation *
- Unzip ROOtator.zip and place ROOtator.u, ROOtator.ucl and ROOtator.int in your UT2004 "System" directory.
- In UT2k4, you'll find "ROOtator" in your list of available mutators.
- Configure the ROOtator for your desired modes of play (see manual).
If you would like to use the ROOtator Mutator on a Server, you MUST also edit your UT2004.INI to include the line:
at the end of the list of ServerPackages in the [Game.GameEngine] block.
* Manual *
This is a Mutator meant to populate any map with Kangaroo Non-Player Characters (ROO NPCs). Options for this mutator include the Australian RooLette and RooHunt minigames. Advanced Options include the RooHunt Match (essentially a change in the Deathmatch and TeamDeathmatch gametypes).
ROOs are simple creatures. They graze a lot and they are startled easily. When they're startled, they'll hop around until they get tired. Then, they stop and graze. If they get stuck while hopping or hop into water, they try to turn back to where they started. You can startle ROOs by Bumping, Touching, or Damaging them. If a ROO is dies, it calls out to startle nearby ROOs before gibbing nicely.
Australian RooLette is a minigame where one ROO will be rigged with powerful explosives (Redeemer-sized). Advanced Options allow a timer setting on the explosives and the option to hide the explosives for a true Aussie RooLette experience.
RooHunt is an option to keep track of ROO Kills, show a RooHunt HUD to display your rank, number of kills, and ROOs remaining, and to display the rankings list at the end of the match or when all ROOs are killed. The Advanced Option, RooHunt Match, changes the end game conditions of Deathmatch and TeamDeathmatch so the winner is the one (or team) who has killed the most ROOs, survived and (in case of a tie) was the first to kill a ROO. Another Advanced Option allows a setting for MaxLives in RooHunt Matches. If a LastMan condition is met, an automatic timelimit setting can be set, based on the number of ROOs placed in the map.
To play Australian RooLette with any gametype:
Configure the ROOtator for 'Australian RooLette' and launch your desired gametype as normal. The Advanced Option 'Hide TNT' can be enabled to make the TNT pack strapped on the RooLette ROO invisible. The Advanced Option 'RooLette Timer' can be set to the number of minutes before the explosives will detonate automatically. ( 0 = Never )
To keep RooHunt scores during any gametype:
Configure the ROOtator for 'RooHunt' and launch your desired gametype as normal. A HUD display will track your rank, number of ROO kills, and the number of remaining ROOs. At the end of the match, or when all ROOs have died, a small ranking list will display the RooHunt players in order of performance, ties going to the player who killed a ROO first. This option will not affect the normal gametype's score. It is only a fun distraction for bots and players.
To play the RooHunt or Team RooHunt gametypes:
Configure the ROOtator for both 'RooHunt' and the Advanced Option 'RooHunt Match'. Then launch a Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch game. The Advanced Option 'MaxLives' may be set to limit the lives available to each player. ( 0 = No limit ) The winner is the player or team who kills the most ROOs and survives, if MaxLives have been set. Ties will go to the player who killed a ROO first.
Little extras to this mutator include:
- An option to 'Always Keep ROOs', which disables a normal "garbage collecting" function to remove startled, but forgotten ROOs after a short time.
- An option to allow ROO Kills to award one point of adrenaline.
- Full bot support. Bots will play normal games fine, only occasionally going after a ROO, when it doesn't interfere with their objectives. In RooHunt Matches or with RooAdrenaline enabled, they will go for ROOs with a vengance. Higher skilled bots avoid the RooLette ROO or shoot it at long range, etc.
- A revival of the Bot/Player celebration animations from UT2k3, when one has won a RooHunt Match. (including all taunts and special character animations)
- A (borrowed) Easter Egg where there's a chance (5%) that fun Epic Names will be used for bots in RooHunt Matches. These names include, "EpicBoy", "Turtle", "Evil_CliffyB", and most notibly, "The_Reaper", who will always be two full skill levels above all other bots (so watch out for him).
RooHunt Match Tips:
- Because ROOs can find even the most remote places to hide, use higher skilled bots and get to know your maps well.
- Play standard maps or maps with good bot support. Some maps can include areas not supported by bots where ROOs can hide for a long time.
- If you use the 'Always Keep ROOs' option and elect to set MaxLives to zero, use a Timelimit setting to prevent a hard to find ROO from extending the game indefinately.
* Other Maps by Author *
Map Title Game Review Score
DM-RoosOnline UT2k4, NPC creatures not reviewed
VCTF-TerraForma_beta1 UT2k4, Vechicle CTF not reviewed
DM-Roos UT2k4, NPC creatures
(offline only) not reviewed
ONS-MudSling UT2k4, Onslaught 5/10 Insite
ONS-MudSling][ UT2k4, Onslaught 4.5/9 NaliCity
DM-BaseIck UT2k3, TeamDeathmatch 3.5/10 @ NaliCity
BR-BaseIck UT2k3, Bombing Run not rated
CTF-BaseIck UT2k3, Capture The Flag 6/10 @ ut2k3mr.dk
DOM-BaseIck UT2k3, DoubleDomination not rated
* Copyright, permissions *
Copyright ©2005 by Glenn 'SuperApe' Storm. All rights reserved.
Authors may NOT use this mutator as a base to build additional
mods, mutators, levels, or other content without our expressed,
You are NOT authorized to distribute this mutator EXCEPT in its
original, unmodified form with THIS file attached in its original,
You are NOT authorized to charge fees for the sale, use or
distribution of this mutator without our expressed, written
permission. This includes, but is not limited to, compilation
CD's, disks or software bundles.
Unreal Tournament 2004 ©2004 Epic Games, Inc. Raleigh, N.C. USA.
Unreal is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This mutator is not supported by Atari, Epic, or any such parties'
|ROOtator - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Unreal Tournament Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 13 | Last comment: 09-14-2008 at 06:25
Joined: February 7th, 2004
|OMG DLING NOW! LOL! |
Joined: November 12th, 2004
|Surprisingly... This so totally awesome!!! The best mutator 2k5 candidate! Looks pretty much like a beta though... |
Joined: November 12th, 2004
|Surprisingly... This so totally awesome!!! The best mutator 2k5 candidate! |
Joined: December 11th, 2004
|OMGWTF LMAO THIS HAS GOTTA BE THE BEST MUT EVA! |
Joined: October 16th, 2005
| Kangaroo POWER |
From: (Tampa, Fllorida)
Joined: August 24th, 2004
|Lawl! Roos are sooo cool! Ten out of ten! ^^ |
Joined: September 14th, 2005
|I love this mod Cuz im Australian! |
From: (Seattle, Washington)
Joined: May 5th, 2006
|+_+ i loved going around running over ROO's in the AS-Outback map but they were limited but now i can kill as much as i want and on any map |
From: (N.S.W, Sydney)
Joined: February 27th, 2006
|You know thats actually a bit offensive to us aussies, korupted. |
Joined: February 19th, 2007
| i give to this file.... try to make More ANimals for this mutator.... |
Joined: December 23rd, 2005
|Same as k0rupt3d1 said, it was fun in Outback, and it'll be fun now =p |
And to UnknownObjective- not really. I don't mind it at all o.0
Joined: December 23rd, 2007
|heh!its KANGORO HUNT TIME!! |
From: (West Virginia)
Joined: June 20th, 2008
|HAAHA!!! LET ME SLASH THEIR LITTLE THROUGHTS!!! |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!